Pursue your Passion (But take note of some considerations)

2:37 AM

The Other Side of not Running your Parent’s Business

When I quit my white-collar job to pursue law school, I made a choice to go home to the province and work for my parents. This is not the plan though. I tried to apply as a corporate accountant for big corporations. However, these corporations keep on bringing CPAs to their corporate office in Manila. I made a choice. I weigh the cost and opportunities of not working “formally” and studying full time.

I am a full time law student with a not so “full time job.” A family business is not easy though. You are emotionally attached to the business and you know that this is the only source of your family income. It’s not easy. It will haunt you every time you go to sleep and it’s the first thing you’ll think when you wake up.

Employing People and Being the Employer/Employee 

I don’t know if I am an employee or employer. It’s difficult to keep people and find the right people. For a small business, it’s hard to find qualified people to work for you. Of course, those qualified or those left with a choice will prefer to work for big corporations since they are building experience.

Truth be told, I'm helping them run the business because I love them. I would have chosen a full time job, but I made the choice to help them out, while taking care of them. I thank God for giving me an opportunity to provide full time love for my parents.

Some would say it’s better to run a business. Some would say “think like a Chinese businessman.” Sorry for stereotyping. As for me, Hell No. I am young but right now, I have my own dreams. Whatever you want to be, whether you wanted to pursue law school, become a fashion designer or run a business. It’s your choice. If working an 8 hour job makes you fulfilled, it’s fine! I’m tired of people giving unsolicited advice, planning for your life. Well just think of this, what is the life this people is living, do you want to be the same? I don’t know what’s stored for me in the future. All I know right now is that I wanted to become a CPA lawyer and do good things for people.😊


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Pragmatic Play launches new game in Belarus
    Pragmatic Play has launched its new title, of its slots, 구미 출장샵 Pragmatic Play 광양 출장샵 is 광명 출장마사지 a leading provider of mobile-first 나주 출장샵 content, gaming solutions 상주 출장샵 and

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe